Class 1: The OSHA Regulations
- Review of why OSHA was established and what they enforce.
- Discover how to best manage a visit from OSHA and how to respond to a citation.
- Understand how fines are set and how much can you be fined.
- Review steps to set up a subcontractor relationship and associated risks.
- Explore a regional emphasis program.
- Learn how to use and navigate the OSHA website.
1.0 Hour of OSHA's Mandatory Introduction for OSHA 30 Certification
Class 2: Your Health and Safety Management System
- Discuss the benefits of the seven core elements of an effective safety and health management system.
- Gain ideas for getting your employees involved in safety.
- Review why you should start with a job hazard analysis and effective ways to use it.
- Outline what role can your safety committee plays and tips in building one.
- Build a comparison of existing safety and health program standards guidelines.
6.0 Hours of Safety and Health Management Training
2.0 Hours of Job Hazard Analysis Training
Class 3: Recordkeeping, Investigations, and Inspections
- Review the recordkeeping requirements for OSHA.
- Explore required training, how often, and who needs to do it.
- Discuss how to manage an effective near-miss program.
- Understand how to calculate and present documentation showing the value of safety training in the workplace.
- Learn about safety training grants
- Clarify what needs to be on an accident investigation report and how it may help abate a citation.
- Document what you should inspect every week, month, year through a tool to determine your inspection requirements.
3.0 Hours in OSHA Recordkeeping Requirements
Class 4: Personal Protection Equipment, Respiratory Protection, and Other Related Requirements
- Review what PPE employers provide and how to choose the right PPE for your employees.
- Learn how to determine if you need to do a hearing conservation program.
- Review the respiratory standard and choose the right PPE. What type of testing do I need?
- Outline a medical surveillance program and costs to do it.
- Understand how to respond to an electronic DOT audit and renewal requirements.
2.0 Hours of Personal Protective Standard including Respiratory Standard 1910.134 Certificate
Class 5: Emergency Action Planning, Workplace Violence, Your First Aid Team Fire Prevention, and Exit Routes
- Learn who needs a written Emergency Action Plan and types of emergencies impacted.
- Review why workplace violence/active shooter is #4 Reason for Workplace Fatalities.
- Understand the difference between lockdown and barricade. See/Hear Something / Say Something discussion.
- What are the key components in an emergency action plan?
- What policies and training apply?
3.0 Hours of Emergency Action Planning, Exit Routes, and Fire Prevention
1.0 Hour of Workplace Violence – Survivor’s Mindset
Class 6: Ergonomics, Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid/AED, and Signs
- Learn what the General Duty Clause means.
- Explore strategies to decrease repetitive motion injuries in the workplace.
- Learn what could be some of the physical requirements for doing the jobs in your organization.
- What do you need to know about an Exposure Control Plan?
- How to set up your first aid team?
- What is AED Implementation?
- Tourniquets and first aid kits conversation.
1.0 Hour of Industrial and Office Ergonomics Training
2.0 Hours Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
Class 7: Electrical hazards, LockOut/TagOut, Machine Guarding, and Hot Work
- What does an effective LOTO training and program look like?
- Learn how to eliminate and decrease exposures to electrical hazards.
- Learn details of machine guarding through a fact sheet.
- The Dos and Don’ts of hot work. Should it be permitted?
2.0 Hours of Electrical Safety Standard 1910.303 and NFPA 70e
1.0 Hour of Machine Guarding Standard 1910.212
0.5 Hours of Welding and Hot Work Standard 1910. 252
1.0 Hour of Control of Hazardous Energy Standards 1910.147
Class 8: Forklift, Overhead Crane, Fall Protection, Confined Space, and Facility Inspections
- Outline what documentation is needed and required for training and/or certifications for forklift and cranes.
- Review fall hazards and options for abatement.
- Discover what resources you have already.
- Learn how to determine a confined space, permitted, non-permitted, and program elements.
- Learn what the weekly, monthly, and annual inspections are for your facility.
- Learn how to navigate and use the OSHA website resources and tools.
1.0 Hour of Confined Space Standards 1910.146 Training
1.5 Hours of Powered Industrial Trucks 1910.178 and Crane 1910.179 Standards Training
2.0 Hours of Fall Protection Standards Training for General Industry 1910.22, 1910.23,1910.25,1910.27,1910.67and 1910.68